Agate is looking for a UI artists who are willing to push forward our game’s quality. A great user interface will act as a bridge between the players and the game. Through it, players can understand, interact, and immerse in a truly pleasant gaming experience.
If you are a learner, a team player with great communication skills, and your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry, then you might be the one we’re looking for.
- This is an onsite position, which means that you are required to work in our in Bandung, there is no possibility for remote work.
- This position is not available for applicant who’s currently active in school or college.
- There will be a probation period (usually 3 months).
- Collaborate with the game designer, Lead Artist, and Art Director to define the graphic user interface’s look and feel based on the game’s designs and art style.
- Collaborate with the Lead Artist to create User Interface guidelines as part of Art Design Document.
- Collaborate with programmers to create efficient UI assets and implement the UI design.
- Create graphic user interface elements such as:
- Font designs
- Dialogue box
- Screen layouts (title screen, inventory screens, ending screen, credits options, etc.)
- Game icons (items, classes, skills, tiles, gems)
- UI effects and animations, etc.
- Review, test, and iterate the UI designs and assets based on the UX design
Qualities we’re looking for
- Knowledge in UI design and graphic design theory (composition, shapes, color, value).
- Know how to express your creativity and how to decorate the UI design to complement the game’s theme and still maintain the UI comfort and readability.
- Have a problem solving mindset and able to see from the player’s point of view when designing and reviewing UI designs.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Flash/Animate.
- Ideally around 2 years of experience in creating UI art/design experience or game art creation.
- Takes initiative to solve problems with clear communication and positive attitude.
- You are open and unintimidated to criticism and feedbacks, and also able to communicate criticism positively.
- Experience in creating UI in Unity.
- Have shipped a product as UI artist.
- Capable in creating various art styles that can match the required game direction and market