As a lead designer in Agate, you will be leading a team of designers working at a product in pre-production or production phase.
In brief, your responsibility is to create an engaging and clear experience alongside your development team for the users. Day-to-day, your activities might look like these:
- Understand the user’s needs and ensure the items developed by the team contribute to an engaging and clear experience
- Formulate the vision of the experience that’s believed in by the team and other stakeholders
- Plan, detail, and supervise directly the work of game / product / UX designers within your purview, with the goal of developing and delivering a new product of exceptional quality
- Analyze design team workload VS capacity and establish schedule & priorities for design team in keeping with the project goals and timeline
- Create a positive and collaborative work environment that will impact team motivation and performance
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with stakeholders and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure the design team can deliver
- Review the design team composition periodically and work with design department leadership to fill vacant positions in the team
- Demonstrate creative confidence and ability to navigate when encountering various design problems and team dynamics
- Possess excellent design thinking
- A strategic design leader who is able to clearly prioritize design backlogs to build the best experience for the users within the development budget and technical constraints
- Excellent decision maker – able to weigh in costs and benefits, make decisions in timely manner
- Excellent in identifying design problems to solve by the team
- Skillful in both giving feedback to the team’s work and receiving feedback from them
- Versatile and excellent in communicating ideas to other development roles (in the form of design documents, sketch, wireframe, prototypes, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience as a full time designer in video games or digital products
- Experience working with agile development method
- Experience leading a design team (please indicate on your portfolio which games/digital products that you led)
- Experience creating a social-multiplayer game or RPG
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
What you get while working with us…
In addition to competitive remuneration and extensive benefits we offer:
- Standard Package: competitive rewards, religious holiday allowance (THR), and insurance coverage (BPJS Tenaga Kerja, BPJS Kesehatan, private insurance*).
- Device and software: capable devices and relevant software licenses to support our high-performance team
- State of the art office space: with facilities to support the collaboration of over 300 Crews, amenities like gym and tatami room, and additional perks like free lunch & coffee, shuttle services.
- Work hour flexibility: each team can arrange their own WFO schedules, with semi-flexible working hour and replacement hours.
- Paid overtime: we do not condone nor encourage overtime, but we will offer fair hourly compensation should overtime is needed
- Annual, special paid leave, and claimable: in addition to the regular paid leave, we have paid leave for special occasions (paid sick leave, menstrual leave, marriage leave, maternity and paternity leave, bereavement leave, etc). Every February, Crews can also cash out their unused annual leave from the previous year.
- Learning and development: mentoring by experts in the game industry or respective fields; premium access to learning materials, regular knowledge sharing sessions, plus tailored personal development plan.
- Career growth transparency: our culture provides room for Crews to grow indefinitely based on continuous feedback and recognition, with fair promotions, raises, and role transition to help our Crews reach their full potential.
- Job security: high-performing talents could get a fast-track to a permanent employment contract (PKWTT)
- Well-being programs: regular wellbeing check-ups, internal team-building activities, and company-wide events to maintain our Crews’ mental health and reduce burn-out risks.
*Limited benefit for grade 5+ non-trainee