If you are passionate in creating art using your strokes of brushes – then you might be interested in becoming a 2D artist. As a 2D Artist, you will be involved in visualizing the game concepts and creating the final 2D art assets that will be used in the game.
Some of a 2D artist’s tasks in a game development process are:
- Creating concept arts based on the ideas and feel from the game design: characters, environments, etc.
- Creating 2D Animation for character
- Making Visual effects to polish the game feel and look
- Creating the Graphic al User Interface (GUI)
- Making illustrations
- Making textures for 3D models
- Must not currently active in school or college
- Able to work full-time at Agate HQ (Bandung, Indonesia)
2D Artist Requirements
- Proficiency in digital drawing programs: raster (such as Photoshop or GIMP), and/or vector (such as Illustrator).
- Able to create good quality 2D animation (sprite and/or Flash tween animation).
- A good skill and sense in creating concept sketches (in traditional or digital media).
- Knowledge and good sense in art basics.
- Good teamwork, good communicating skills, self-motivated.
- Passion for creating and playing video games, such as: will pursue perfection in creating art needed for the game.
- Passion to push your skills to the next level.
- Variations in art styles.
- A minimum 2 year of experience in creating art for game development, or other art fields that related to creating illustrations, or 2D animation.
- Familiar with 3D programs.
- Strong traditional art.
Every applicant must send portfolio in digital format or link to your portfolio website.
Please state the year of creation in each of your art submittance in your portofolio or portofolio website.
Also state the role you take part in the art if it involved many people such as creating GUI, character design, etc.